Ohhhhhhhhhh, yeah okay.....

All last night I listened to the news in the background and repeatedly heard the headline story "Minors trapped after explosion! Rescuers unable to get through to help because of dangerous fumes." I kept wondering, what are a bunch of kids doing down in a West Virginia mine shaft? I mean, what about child labor laws? Then I read about it in the paper this morning: "Miners trapped!" Ahhh. This is like when I learned that the phrase "doggie dog world" was actually "dog eat dog world". Makes much more sense that way.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly funny, what a great blog. I enjoyed it thoroughly :)

8:03 PM
Miss Krys said...

Yeah... we have a burger establishment here and the whole time I was growing up, I thought it was called Waterburger... then one day... after years and years of eating waterburger... I finally read the sign which read "What-a-Burger"

7:22 AM
CC :D said...

have you watched that Friends episode where Joey insists it's a "moo point" .. like it's a cow's opinion, so it doesn't matter...

also, is it "kitty corner" or is it "kiddy corner"?

4:09 PM
Elle Charlie said...

That is a good ques about kitty vs. kiddy corner... you've got me stumped. I do remember "moo point." :)

If anyone finds out that it can be doggie-dog world, that would make me very happy.

7:40 PM