Everyone wants a piece

So Fridays are my one day with Piper, my reward for working Monday through Thursday and barely having two hours with her between when I collect her from daycare and when she goes to bed. My make-up time, if you will. And I feel like I deserve them.

My problem is, not many people have the same desire to treat my Fridays as a holy day. People want to plan things, to stop by, to schedule appointments. Occasionally, if forced, I make an exception. But it's a slippery slope. Because let's face it, there's always good reason to see me on a Friday. A pressing reason. A reason why Saturday or Sunday wouldn't work as well. If I start to give up my time on Fridays, it's like leaking a drop of blood in an ocean of sharks.

My need to protect my Friday time with Piper is so strong. But how do I defend it without seeming like an inflexible witch? Does it make sense to anyone else out there that I'd want this world - this world that keeps monopolizing and sucking away my precious, precious time with my beautiful baby girl - TO LEAVE ME ALONE ON FRIDAY????????

No seriously. I'm asking???

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, it's not. I guess you have to ask yourself how much you care about whether people think you're being an inflexible witch. This is your time with your baby and you won't get it back--set those boundaries! Protect that time with her! You're going to be the guardian of her schedule for the next X number of years, so this is where you learn to put your foot down and do what's best for you and her, not what's best for other people.

Also, on a less serious note, you can ALWAYS plead naptime or disorganization. Babies are good for that :)

2:41 PM
nmaha said...

I would suggest using this phrase "Since I'm a working mom, I feel so guilty and really need to spend some quality time with my baby. I'm sure you understand that." The guilt thing always works.

11:41 PM
hailey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com

3:51 AM
Swapna Madhuri said...

exchange perfectmoney
buy perfectmoney with paypal
buy perfectmoney voucher
buy perfectmoney prepaid card

dive indonesia

Portrait artist
portrait from photo
drawing from photos
hire portrait artist

Program Management in San Francisco
Technology Consulting San Francisco
Biotech Consulting San Francisco
Biotechnology Consulting San Francisco

5:12 AM
jawad haider said...

Thank you to tell us so much useful information. I’m glad to read it. k2 spice for sale

10:25 AM