Queasy

So I have a new home now. I live with Fiancé. At his home. Which is now my home. Except that in my head it is still his home. The boxes are almost unpacked, and by almost I mean at least more than 50%.

I'm going in on Saturday to try on the prototype of my wedding dress again, because it's still in the process of being delivered and won't arrive until September 15th, and I forget what it looks like. I called the store today and they directed me to a photo on the designer's website. It's a beautiful dress. But I'm terrified that I will hate it when I try it on. Is that possible? Could I LOVE my wedding dress in March and hate it in June? I feel a little sick to my stomach.

I also need to pick up some accessories I purchased, and choose earrings and shoes.

Last night Fiancé and I had our first argument as roommates while we were setting up our home. It went like this:

Him: (As I was placing a picture frame and ceramic bowl on an end table near the front door) "I was going to put my obelisk on that end table."

Me: "You were?"

Him: "Where did you want to put it?"

Me: "The trash?"

Him: "I like it."

Me: "It looks like it belongs in a frat house."

Him: "I like it."

Me: "Really???"

Long pause as we both glanced over to where the obelisk in question sat in a corner.

Me: "But..... seriously???"

Not the proper response. I see that now.

 

2 comments:

Scotty said...

Your response was hilarious!

12:32 AM
Anonymous said...

Elle...Elle...Elle.... First of all, if a guy owns or has in his possession something, it's because he needs it or wants it. Guys can divest themselves of unwanted items very easily, in fact. So, if "fiance" has/owns something, he's not looking to ask permission to either get rid of it OR to keep it. He's got it because he wants it.
And if he brings something home, he wants to keep it. The debate over whether he's "gonna keep that thing!?" is moot. (just ponderings from another male brain)--bob

12:09 PM