Where does the time go?


I have been meaning to post forever, but somehow the time slips through my fingers every day. It's been a whirlwind, and Piper is now 3 and a 1/2 weeks old! She's doing great, and we're smitten. Sweet baby girl!

Life has been so busy. Our days are packed with visits from family, friends and coworkers, house projects, errands, not to mention the business of caring for a newborn.

All in all things have gone smoothly. Labor was more painful than I'd expected but went off without a hitch. The first few days afterward were hard but within two weeks I was back to my pre-pregnancy self so my recovery was quick. Piper's had a little trouble with weight gain but nurses wonderfully and sleeps like a dream. We've been a little overwhelmed with visitors but we're hanging in there and are thrilled that so many people are just dying to love this little angel.

Hubs has been home with us for the past month but goes back to work next week, so that might make day to day life more challenging :) In another month my stepmom comes, then my mom will be here for four weeks, then my sis for a week so we'll have non-stop house guests (and extra sets of hands) for a while.

There's so much to say, but it's very late and I'm going to grab some sleep while I can! Hopefully more soon...

 

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful!!!! I'm so glad that you and she are doing well. :o)

12:59 AM
Michelle said...

How is Hero with it all?

1:44 PM
nmaha said...

I might just burst into tears....there's so much love in the way you write about her.......nice that you have some company during the first few months, it can get lonely....happy to hear that you both are doing well

11:30 PM
CC :D said...

sooooooooooo cute!!!! and how lucky for you to get back to pre-pregnancy so quickly!!! :)

11:03 PM