CSI: Boston

Husband and I are big fans of David Caruso on CSI: Miami. We love how he talks, his inflection, his choice of phrasing. Our favorite part of the show is the first scene, where the murder is discovered and the CSI team arrives on site. Invariably, David Caruso says something pithy (with a very funny, single raised eyebrow expression on his face) just before the opening score starts to blare. It goes kind of like this:

The murder suspect, a teenage boy, says about the victim, "She always wanted to be friends with everyone. She wanted to be popular."

And David Caruso, standing over the body, says, "She was dying to fit in... and now she's dead."

Dramatic pause.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! (That's the opening score: a scream followed by heavy metal-type music.)

We find this so amusing that now Husband and I have integrated the technique into our day to day life. It goes kind of like this:

"I can't find my gloves. I must be going crazy - they were just here!"

"So you've lost your gloves... and your mind."

Dramatic pause.

"YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

I wonder if we also have an as yet untapped natural aptitude for criminal investigation?

 

0 comments: