Nothin' to see folks: from now on, admission is free

If you've been wondering what's going on in my world, you're lookin' at it. Apparently moving the study upstairs and turning the underwater room into a normal, non-psychedelic living space is a *huge* undertaking. Removing that God awful border alone was a two day project. Now I'm priming and crossing my fingers - as I whitewash over various ocean creatures and happy sea flora - that it will someday be possible to sit in this room and not see a shadow of Nemo or Moby Dick lurking on the wall behind you.

I know I'll be thrilled when this room is finished. Were it not for the seven other projects on my to-do list I'd be over the moon when this room is finished, but sadly more nasty border print is darkening the doorstep of my near future.

I thought I would be sad to see the Mac's personal aquarium disappear before my eyes, but I'm not. Good riddance to bad coral reef.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wallpaper use should be a felony. I loathe it. Good work though, can't wait to see the results!

4:23 PM
calicobebop said...

Oh I feel your pain. I'm the sworn enemy of all things "wallpaper." Grrr...

I hope it gets easier! You'll be quietly over-the-moon every time you walk by and see the results of your hard work.

5:04 PM
Grad3 said...

You know-- I once put up a border. 3 years later I had to take it down.

I swore never again.

7:23 PM
RBandRC said...

I HATE wallpaper. It's the worst. And I have a ton in my house from the previous owner. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to take it down myself. :P

YAY for redecorating! :)

7:27 PM
seussgirl said...

We're about to embark on some wallpaper removal projects and I am SO not looking forward to it. I am looking forward to having the rooms redone though. Hopefully your project will inspire me to start. :) Good job!

6:43 AM
michelle said...

When you buy a house, you should be able to make the previous opwners remove their wallpaper. You know, on that list of "conditions".

You can't though. They look at you like you are nuts.

I heard that from a friend, you know.

9:19 AM
xxxx said...

Just think of how exciting it will be when it's all done!!!

10:24 AM
Unknown said...

Getting rid of wallpaper is tidious, hard work. I hope to NEVER have to do it again.

But I can't wait to see pictures of the finished rooms!

2:45 PM
Bob said...

I hope when you said you are whitewashing, you mean you are using Kilz to cover up the sea creatures! Otherwise, that whitewash won't last!...good luck-Bob

10:37 PM