Catch up

It's been a while since I last posted. There's not a whole lot going on, although it seems like we're constantly busy. This past week we've done a ton of redecorating. We're turning our downstairs study into a formal sitting room because we were given a gorgeous sofa and love seat set from some friends (with very expensive taste) who are upgrading. They go perfectly with the paint and window treatments in our former study, so it really couldn't have worked out better.

That one project blended into many others as now several pieces of furniture have been displaced and thus re-placed throughout the house, necessitating changes in wall art, photos, and spurring a list of painting projects that will take place over the next few weeks.

I'm excited to turn the underwater room into a study and finally get on with assigning those upstairs rooms a purpose. They've been pretty much vacant since we moved - we intend them eventually to be kids rooms, but leaving both unoccupied until that point seems a bit of a waste. The fluorescent pink room will be the first nursery, so it'd be years before the underwater room saw any action anyway. We'll start working on converting the fluorescent pink room soon, and hopefully that won't be a terrible mistake. If we create a nursery and no kids come our way, that would SUCK. But then again in its current state it blinds any and all who enter with its Pepto-Bismol vibrancy, so leaving it untouched is a hazard all its own.

Speaking of kids, we had our first visit with our primary care doc to talk the situation over. He's (shocker) not very worried and that's frustrating more so than comforting. But he did suggest we skip to the next step and he referred us to an OB/GYN who does endocrine workups as well. Apparently in the Midwest things aren't quite as specialized, so the bulk of IF diagnosis and treatment gets done without an RE. Different from Boston, but who am I to argue. He did run some preliminary tests (hormone, thyroid, hemoglobin). Turns out I'm not currently anemic, so go me! My diet is pretty good if I do say so myself, but it's nice to know I'm getting enough iron since that's always been a struggle. As for the other results, they're not in yet. Our next appointment is April 7th, so unfortunately we have a wait on our hands.

My friend C's sister is sending her premo OPK in the mail (the fancy kind that's all electronic and what not) so in the meantime I'll see what kind of results I get with that. When I told Dr. S about the 20-day results from the First Response OPK he said, "Well clearly that's not reliable." I wanted to point out the reliability issue probably rests with my body, not the test - but I just kept my mouth shut.

While we wait, we'll just keep trying Russian roulette style and cross our fingers. Who knows what could happen? Plus, that's just good fun.

In other news, I'm off to see Mookie tomorrow. Hero and I are making the nine hour road trip so wish us luck. I'll be there about five days. I'll be sure to report on my dinner with the Hef biographer. I'll try to gather as much good intel as possible :)

 

14 comments:

Mazzy said...

Good to read an update from you, my dear. ;)
I love a good interior redecoration project. It's great for distracting the mind.
I hope the OB is helpful for you, you never know. Sometimes with the right dr, good things can happen.
*hugs*

12:02 PM
Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you, I kept meaning to stop by and beg for an update. :) Yay for some house projects! Can we see the results?? :)

Hoping for some good news from the OB! I really love mine and I think she'd have been way more helpful than the dumb PA I had if would have asked for the OB from the get-go. Just don't let them push you into thinking it's not a big deal -you definitely deserve answers!

Thanks for your love and support lately, here goes nothin'! :) *hugs*

12:09 PM
Debbi said...

hah, I love the "russian Roulette style" comment. Yep, at least you're having fun in the process!

12:41 PM
calicobebop said...

Have fun on your trip! Be safe!

1:45 PM
Unknown said...

I don't know what most of those initials means, but good luck!

And it is SO much fun to re-do rooms and paint, and re-arrange. And you got FREE furniture!

I hope you enjoy your trip, and be safe!

1:51 PM
Jessica White said...

The renovations sound awesome! You'll have to post pictures for us.
We felt the same way about doing a room, but figured some way, some how there'd be a kid in there.

Good luck!

5:05 PM
Alyssa said...

I hear you on the quiet posting lately. Maybe it's the weather?!?!

As for doctor stuff, I wish you luck as you find the right person with whom to work!

And, redecorating? Super fun! We've been doing a little of that around my house, but not nearly as much as you. I'm jealous!

7:30 PM
Melissa said...

I'm sure it goes without saying, but have you tried Taking Charge of Your Fertility (I mean the book...you're obviously already taking charge of your own fertility!) :o) I found it very helpful, and scientific, and nerdy...just what I needed when it came to encouraging "broken" parts to work.
Have a safe journey to see Mookie!

11:27 PM
Unknown said...

updates are always welcome!

11:04 AM
zipbagofbones said...

Glad to get an update!

11:51 AM
Unknown said...

Is everything going okay? Where are you?

7:50 PM
CC :D said...

i loves the underwater room.

2:38 PM
Anonymous said...

good to hear an update :) sometimes 'not much to report' ends up being something after all.

5:41 PM
Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://awavemami.100freemb.com/yqygufa.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

3:42 AM