Rewind and press play

It's Sunday evening. How, how? does that happen so quickly???

I had a good weekend. I worked on Saturday and had a decent day - I like my new office space and my coworker E and I were the only ones in this Saturday so it was quiet(ish). We discovered an awesome stairwell for doing stairs and today my calves are paying the price. Overall I really like the 11th floor. It feels right. Home would feel right-er, but the 11th floor will do in a pinch.

Then after work Hubs took me on our first date night (I think I mentioned in a previous post that we've recently instituted weekly date nights?). We went to a nice restaurant on a lake and had a very relaxing and romantic dinner. I even had a glass of wine, and that felt awesome given it was the only thing that could calm the horrendous cramps I've endured all week. All week. And I mean horrendous - no exageration there. Also I never drink anymore, and the glass of wine seemed celebratory and so indulgent.

It was just so nice to have a date with my husband. For the past year and half we've been, more often than not, like ships passing in the night due to stresses, adjustments, the aches and pains of our cross country move and general life uproot. It seems like we're finally getting back to being a normal married couple. I've missed that. It's a luxury to actually have some time to enjoy one another. It feels right. Being parents would feel right-er, but being a happy couple will do in a pinch :)

This morning we woke up early and watched the season premiere of House. Another adaptation to our lives as of recent (and by recent I mean the past 6 months): we never watch tv. Definitely never live tv. But we're always weeks late on the stuff we've TiVo-ed. For instance, I haven't seen the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy yet. That's just tragic.

Anyway, it was a great episode! I was actually really impressed with the story and the acting. It was touching and got under my skin a little bit. In a positive way.

Then I went and met with a trainer at the gym. Not lovin' that, especially given the state of my calves. Afterward Hubs and I took Hero for a walk and he encountered a cat for the first time in his young life. It was entertaining. He was pretty freaked out by it. So naturally we made fun of him.

The weather is very fall-like today, and I'm so ready for that.

Now Hubs is having dinner with his brother and dad and I'm about to take a bath.

All in all, just good stuff.

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea, how DO they days crawl by, unless they are Saturday and Sunday?

Sounds like a GREAT date night! My husband and I had one, too, on Saturday. Hananoki! Yummy!!!!!

Glad your liking your new office, and working those calves are an added bonus, that's for sure! A private trainer? Really? Man, I would LOVE that!

6:27 PM
seussgirl said...

I love that you're doing date nights! I think that's really important to a good marriage. And it's good to hear you looking on the bright side of things!

7:14 PM
Anonymous said...

Date nights are awesome!
Hubs and I try to do them every week, but things have been hectic the past few months that we've fallen out on them.
Definitely going to have to reinstate them.

Glad the office is coming along and it's comfortable.

8:00 PM
Laura said...

Getting ready for another MN winter?

9:05 AM
Anonymous said...

Yay for some good hubby time! You sound so refreshed and energized on this post. Like you have a spark. :) I like it!

9:37 AM
Jacki said...

Sounds like the perfect balance of a wonderful weekend...
I keep thinking I'm going to take a Monday off to extend my weekend but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

6:42 PM