Cloudy skies, cozy days

It's been rainy for days. Dreary, overcast, cold, icky. I'm sitting on the couch with the fire going watching Harry Potter in the background and I'm almost forgetting I have to go to work in about an hour. I wish I could stay here all day. Although I've been going back and forth about the merits of working from home, lately I'm starting to fall on the side of definitely a plus. I'll miss my work friends a lot, because we keep each other going on the tough weeks. But I'll gain at least 2.5 hours a day when you count showering, primping, and commuting time.

Yeah, if I work from home I may never shower again.

Anyway, dreams for a murky wet day.

I had a lovely rest of my weekend. On Saturday we spent most of the day planning for our dining room renovations. Since the dining room decor will be carried into the kitchen (eventually) there's a lot to consider when choosing colors, etc. Then on Sunday I spent some time reading at our newly remodeled Starbucks, ran some errands, and spent the rest of the day cooking comfort food (mozerella stuffed meat loaf and parmesean potatoes) and cleaning while Hubs and my friend C hung out and watched a cute movie (Golden Boys, I recommend it). It was a perfect end to the weekend. And I was very productive in my cleaning!

I'm about to finish a book I really enjoyed called A Body to Die For - a cute mystery. The prequel to it is waiting for me at the library, so I'll probably go pick it up on my way to work. I was thinking the other day how much I love to read. I'm very grateful that people write books :)

Next week we get the movietron hooked up! That's what we've fondly dubbed our movie projector and screen. I've missed the movietron. It'll be great for the winter, especially this winter when we've spent all our money on IF treatment and can't afford to do anything other than rent a flick from Redbox. I'm a little nervous because hookup requires running wires through the wall, but that's why we've enlisted the help of professionals. And now hopefully we'll spend more time in the basement. It's great down there and the huge overstuffed sofas are perfect for relaxing and cuddling in for an evening. I just never go down there. I don't know why. I'm just more used to the other two floors of the house, I guess.

Have you noticed I have very little to say? I'm trying to be a better blogger but lately life seems a lot more boring - even though there's so much going on - than it used to be. It's very settled. Which I wouldn't trade for the world, but it doesn't make for very intriguing reading.

 

4 comments:

shopgirl said...

First off, I'm soooo jealous that you have a movie tron or what ever at your house! I thought I was living LARGE when I finally got a flat screen and it's pretty small - but it does the trick!! I wish I had a nice basement to get those big comfy couches too -but like you -I spend most of my time on the 2nd floor of my house.

As for not having much to say -I'm in the same boat - hence the sparse blogging from my end - thank god other folks are blogging!!

1:57 PM
Bob said...

Look at it this way...you COULD be blogging about the dog from "heck", and how miserable he's making life. By the way, how is he getting along? Has he settled in too?

8:46 PM
Jessica White said...

It sounds like you had a good weekend! I really wish we had a fireplace to snuggle next to, but there is really no place for it...I guess I could always go sit in the basement lol

6:14 AM
Unknown said...

I don't know if I would be able to work at home. I have to have face-to-face interaction with people at some point during the day or I feel all cooped up, ya know?

How exciting! Renovating your dinning room! I hope to see pictures!

1:51 PM