Ohhhhh noooooooo

Okay, I think I need to stop reading my ADA daily news bulletins. They are too disturbing. This today:

Now, an American Heart Association review of a decade's worth of studies casts doubt on the health benefits of soy. The study shows soy supplements and foods, including soymilk, don't significantly impact heart disease as researchers had thought. Researchers found soy only lowered bad cholesterol by 3 percent and had no impact on good cholesterol.

I totally got behind the soy movement. I looooove soy nuts, tofu, soy milk, edamame. But I'm not sure if I looooove it because I love it, or if I looooove it because I know it's healthy. I'm worried it might be the latter. Although maybe it's partly because soy is so versatile - it can be a meat substitute, a rice cake, a nut, a bean, or a beverage - talk about wearing a lot of hats. That's a little impressive.

Still, it's a great source of complete protein. But I was happier when I thought it was a miracle food. Well, long live chicken I guess. Too bad :(

 

0 comments: