The good girl

J has a friend who's broken hearted. She just got dumped by her long distance boyfriend of about a week. No judgment. Despite the brevity of the relationship, she's devestated. So J told me that the plan is to meet tonight at our neighborhood bar at 7p for drown-your-sorrows drinks. Grey's Anatomy is on for two hours tonight starting at 9p. Clearly I was at a crossroads. Good humanitarianism v television. You know which won out in the end.

"Can you ask her to get all her crying out in the beginning of the night because I need to be home by 9pm."

Guilt guilt guilt.

J replied, "I told her she can only cry for 5 minutes because I don't do pity parties. Seriously. I can't handle whining. They were together for a nanosecond."

Ahhhh, good ol' J. By comparison, I always rise the saint.

 

4 comments:

SongBird said...

Oh, I hate being dumped! Your poor friend. Only a week though. Surely she contain her crying to 5 minutes! How nice for you to have a friend like J!!!

5:18 PM
Deanna said...

A friend of mine sent me this in an email today. It just proves the old saying - it all depends on how you look at it:

Once upon a time a guy asked a girl, "Will You marry me?"

The girl said, "No."

And the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, had sex with whomever she pleased.... did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, didn't get fat, traveled, had many boyfriends, saved money, had all the hot water to herself, never had pubic hairs
under the toilet seat lid, watched girlie movies, never had to watch football, never wore frickin' lacy lingerie that went up her ass, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, felt and looked good in sweat pants and a t-shirt, and burped & swore all the time.

The End.

9:28 PM
Unknown said...

Hehehe I can see the struggle you must have gone through!!!

Myself I cannot watch Grey's Anatomy just yet as I am a year and a half behind and want to experience the whole thing so am working my way through season one and just bought season two so it's waiting in the wings!!

10:01 PM
Tiggerlane said...

Good call. Of course, she could have come over and watched it WITH you...right?

Nah...you would have been distracted with all the sniffling.

Sadly, I let my college class out early last night so I could catch Grey's Anatomy - and I had already SEEN the season finale - but just had to get caught up before tonight's premiere!

11:11 AM