It comes in waves

I left last Sunday morning to meet my family at the beach in the Outer Banks of NC at Nags Head and we returned home yesterday. For a week I slept to the sound of the waves crashing right outside my bedroom window. I soaked up some much needed vitamin D (miraculously through my 85 sunblock), ate rapaciously, napped often, and read until I fell asleep with my book knocking me in the face. My sheets and clothes were salty and sandy and life was perfect.

For a Jersey shore girl, it just doesn't get better than going to back to the ocean.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love falling asleep to the sound of the ocean.
Nothing more calming than that!

6:09 PM
CC :D said...

looking great!
also, i once knew a girl who added three sugar packets to a watermelon martini. gross.

8:54 PM
Laura said...

We went to the Outerbanks last year for my sisters' weddings. We were there for a week... we rented a house right on the beach. It was glorious.

1:15 PM
Unknown said...

Sounds perfectly wonderful!!!

10:05 AM
Christine Slay said...

Glad you had fun!! We are loving North Carolina too!

8:10 AM
P-girl said...

I hear you sister-friend. But wait! I seem to remember a little girl who HATED the beach and ran away from the waves. That couldn't have been you? :-)

10:29 PM