Always playing catch-up


Where to begin? The problem with being a bad poster is that then, once you do finally get around to posting, you have no idea where to start.

Piper is two months old on Monday! HOW? She's doing great, smiling more and more every day and becoming more interactive and alert. She's amazing.

I start back to work on Monday. There's a lot going on with work, and some big potential developments there but I'll say more if and when I have something to say.

One thing I can say with certainty: I should have taken 3 months off.

Too late now.

But B comes in on Sunday, and will take care of Piper this week. Then my mom comes the following Sunday for a month. Then my sis C for another week, and then Hubs is taking a week's vacation to be with Piper. So she'll be at least 3.5 months before she goes to her two days of daycare a week. God, daycare. I can't imagine it. That will be another difficult transition, even though I love our daycare provider and it's only two days.

On Saturday our friends have decided the whole group needs an adult night out, no kids. This, once we finally have a kid and no babysitter in sight as my MIL is out of town and I'm not about to leave her with someone who isn't family - yet. So Hubs will represent. But it's too bad - I could probably use an adult night out!!!

I'm sure there's a lot more to say, but I'm too tired to think of it right now :)

 

2 comments:

nmaha said...

I took three months off and wished I had taken four! I guess it's never enough. Tearing yourself away in the morning is tough, however you appreciate the time with them even more.

Best of luck with the new routine.

10:44 PM
Laura said...

Its crazy how fast the time goes. I too took off 3 months and I wasn't ready to go back at all! I can't believe we are getting ready to have the munchkins 1 year birthday already?!?! I am glad everything is going so well. Enjoy every second... I am sure you already are ;)

10:58 PM