If I lay here

If I just lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Certain songs speak to you when you're in love, or when you're out of love. You wouldn't imagine many love songs would remind someone of her deceased grandmother, but for me so many of them do. The songs about loss, and missing someone who was as constant to you as breathing. Longing to be with that person again. Remembering that perfect connection. I guess it's not that surprising really. The loss of a romantic partner is vaguely similar to the loss you experience after someone dies. The ex is usually dead to you, in a manner of speaking. Except they're just not dead to anyone else, so you're mourning solo. And then for some there's the added complication of wanting to run them over with your car...

I miss my Grandma. I know it'll get easier. I'm just not sure it'll ever get easy enough.

 

3 comments:

CC :D said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
8:28 PM
CC :D said...

HOLY CRAP. That song has been on repeat in my apartment for a week.

Take as much time as you need. Who's to say what amount of time is appropriate? Lash out. Paint something. Stare at the ceiling. Put the song on repeat in your apartment.

Now get out of my head! :D

8:33 PM
Elle Charlie said...

Sorry for the brain invasion ;) Will withdraw from your head immediately.

9:40 AM