It's getting hot in here

This week I'm in Austin visiting my sis, her husband, and my nieces. Right now Mookie's with us too - he's staying through to Wednesday - so it's a regular family reunion. And man is it hot. I mean HOT. Like suck your lifeblood and leave you begging for water HOT. I kinda like it, because I'm always COLD so it seems like a natural solution. But it's a little startling. Luckily, there's an outdoor pool 5 minutes away and there's nothing better than swimming when you're roasting.

My family's putting some subtle pressure on me, trying to get me to move to Texas so we can all be in one place. The problem is, the idea of permanently moving to Texas is as hard for me to swallow as the idea of moving to Boston is for C. So we might just keep American Airlines in business and have everyone stay where they are, at least for the foreseeable future.

 

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Welcome to the surface of the sun! If I can't get out of Texas, I at least want to find a way to get out of Texas in the summer. That's my goal in life. Be sure to go to the East Side Cafe and order the blueberry blintzes. :-)

11:17 PM
Elle Charlie said...

Thanks for checking in - it's nice to know blog friends miss us when we're away for a while ;) I have a lot of reading to do...

10:01 PM