Shiny happy Elle Charlie

I had a wonderful birthday weekend - it was near perfect. Nice weather, fun activities, family and friends. It didn't seem over the top, but it'll go down as one of my favorite birthday weekends ever. I actually managed to get a bit too much sun, an amazing feat in Minnesota in the month of May.

Gifts (the material kind) were certainly not the highlight, but I did receive one very exciting birthday present: Hubs got me a Chi!!!!! I've been dying for one but didn't figure he, as a man, understood the importance. To be fair, he probably still doesn't yet he knew I coveted them. I believe with this gift I will usher in a brand new year in the life of Elle Charlie: one marked by great, styled, shiny hair. From good hair all else good follows.

 

13 comments:

Laura said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful birthday! I totally feel ya on the chi.. I have one myself and I couldn't live without it. I have had it for 3 years now and I am so anal, I still store it in its original box. My sisters both got one at the same time and both of theirs are broken... so it pays to be very protective of them!

11:58 AM
Laura said...

oh and btw... I gave you an award on my blog.....

11:59 AM
Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend!!!

Oh, and, what's a chi? I tried looking it up but only found stuff on "air", "breathing", and computer stuff.

12:24 PM
Scotty said...

Didnt know what a chi was... a type of iron? Excuse my manliness :)

12:42 PM
Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!! Yay for an awesome present. That thing would probably work wonders on my curly hair! :)

1:04 PM
AwkwardMoments said...

Happy birthday to you. I have heard the chi is a great wonder wand!

6:56 PM
Badass Geek said...

I haven't the slightest idea what a Chi is, but I'll assume it has something to do with hair.

Glad you had a good day!

9:38 AM
Vanessa said...

Happy Belated! I know exactly what the Chi is and oh how I covet the! Great hair makes all things possible (with a great attitude of course!)

2:08 PM
xxxx said...

How fun!!! Happy birthday!!!

10:21 PM
Bob said...

Okay Elle...... spill it... there are those of us that now need to know what a CHI is. Certainly NOT short for CHIhuahua...right? One dog is enough?

8:39 AM
CC :D said...

camo print?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLE! :)

10:17 AM
Anonymous said...

ha ha.. i had to google the chi. where have i been?? glad you had a great weekend!

10:39 AM
Bob said...

googled it.... a hair thingy??? geeezzz (rolling my eyes)

12:45 AM