Neuroses vs. endorphines: An impasse

Today at HW while I was on the elliptical, the inside of my nose started itching. This was my thought process:

What if there's a bug up my nose?
Could that actually happen?
Have I ever seen that on 20/20?
Wouldn't I have noticed if something had flown up my nose?
I should blow my nose to make sure.
If there is a bug up my nose it's probably very important that I get it out.
But I only have 2 minutes and 13 seconds left in my workout.
Will having a bug up my nose for an extra 2 minutes and 13 seconds kill me?
I'm going to stick it out.
If this kills me I'll be so pissed.

2 minutes and 13 seconds later:

Now I can blow my nose.
Oh good, no bug came out!
That means there wasn't a bug up my nose.
Unless in that extra 2 minutes and 13 seconds it climbed up into my brain....
What if there's a bug in my brain?

This is why I'm so stressed all the time.

 

0 comments: