Lots of bitter, not so much sweet

I'm going to whine now. I HATE being this busy. This morning when I woke up I didn't want to get out of bed because there's too much to do. Which is how I've felt since we started planning our wedding over a year ago - that there's always so much to get done. I have a final today, in addition to a major paper due. All of this, naturally, after a full day of work. I have an interview tomorrow morning. We have to create our wedding album this weekend through the photography company, because we're SO overdue on that. And my certification exam is 9 days off. I'm very sad about these things. When will it slow down?

Aggravating matters is the fact that I have a schedule full of meetings since it's nearing the end of the semester, and in these meetings I need to actively listen to people's sometimes very serious problems, empathize, provide feedback, and offer guidance. And I don't have the energy to spare. Which isn't fair to them, so I muster it up. But I need a vacation. From everything.

I know I've been no fun lately. I just want to get out from under all the stuff that's overtaken our lives.

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Step back a moment from your busy life. I once told someone I try to live my life doing the things that will matter in 10 years or 100 years. The rest of it is even sometimes just "things" we want to do but don't need to do. Sometimes you just some "ME" time and since you are a newlywed, maybe some "US" time. Try not to let the world around you overwhelm you. I hope my tidbits of wisdom may help in some small way.

4:30 PM