“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” St. Thomas Aquinas

Thoughts:

  • My weekend retreat was interesting - I can't quite say how I've come out of it yet. It's a shame, though - there's so much great material that stemmed from this spiritual retreat, and yet I can't use any of it because really, that's so not what it's about. But it's too bad, because some of this stuff... I mean, I just couldn't make it up! It was absolutely perfect, like it jumped off the pages of a humorous short story and played out before my very eyes. I need to write about it, but I don't think I can do anything with what I've written. In fact, I'm quite sure God frowns upon using other people as the fodder for your jokes - or worse, the punchlines. That being said, I also plan to write about some of the powerful moments that affected the way I think about the propensity for kindness within human relationships. That might be okay to share.
  • (But seriously, if there is a God, He must have a wicked sense of humor because some of this stuff was just rich.)
  • I've been thinking of switching from Blogger to Wordpress - for those of you who have done it, is it hard?
  • Hero bit me last night and there was a lot of blood - his future in the Mac household is very uncertain. He is a Satan dog. Hubs now calls him Hero the Fang, or just Fang for short.
  • It's crap weather here this week, but it fits my mood: not depressed... just contemplative.
  • This job search is hands down the most frustrating experience I've ever been through. I'm struggling to understand it from a different perspective, namely that there must be a reason behind all this madness. If there is, what am I meant to be doing with my life while I wait to be gainfully employed (caveat: in a job that utilizes my education and professional skill)? A hint from the universe would be helpful. In the form of a pointed highway billboard would be most easily decipherable, but whatever you can give me...
  • At the end of the day I'm still a lucky woman - I couldn't have a better life partner for the journey.
That's all I got - hope everyone is surviving April Fool's Day!

 

8 comments:

steenky bee said...

It sounds like you are a lucky gal, indeed.

I thought about moving to wordpress a while ago. It's different, not bad, but different. Like a PC vs. Mac. Good luck!

10:44 AM
Anonymous said...

The move to WP was a piece of cake. You can import your blogger posts pretty seamlessly. BUT it's much, much less customizable. It would takea bit of work to make a wordpress blog look as cutie as this one does. You can buy an upgrade that lets you access the CSS and change some of the html. All I could do with the one I had (I didn't buy the upgrade) was change my header. Let me know if you have questions when you get into it!

10:53 AM
Unknown said...

job searches are always nerve-wracking. i'm in the process of doing the same thing and it's so much more discouraging than hopeful. sigh. hope things turn around (for both of us) soon! :)

12:45 PM
calicobebop said...

I feel your pain in the job search department. I'm feeling the panic as well. So sorry to hear about Hero's bad behavior - I know you want to think the best of him. I hope your injury gets better soon!

(and I hope you get a job soon too!)

12:59 PM
Anndi said...

That quote? is awesome.

I thought about a WP move, but I'd rather make a new one entirely if I move.

Job search is the new Spanish Inquisition... only everyone expects it.

1:25 PM
zipbagofbones said...

so sorry about the satan dog - i had two females at one time who brawled with each other no matter what we did. broke our hearts, but one had to find a new home.

1:39 PM
Together We Save said...

Oh I too dislike the job search. I have a good one now, but we are slow so who knows if it will last.

2:13 PM
Grad3 said...

I love Thomas Aquinas! We studies him in my philosophy class. It was awesome (I wish I could find that book somewhere!)

Glad you had a fantastic weekd- sorry about the dog. I have a cat, Ramsey, who bites. She actually gave me an infection once.

We called here Ramses from that point on.

8:39 PM