A grain of salt

This afternoon TD and I went out to get salads for lunch. On our way to the càfe we passed a homeless man on the sidewalk. He shouted to TD:

"Your toes look better than your hair!"

TD (to me): "What does that mean?"

Me: "I dunno. Your toes are polished, so maybe he's saying your hair isn't as done-up?"

TD: "My toenails look like crap though - they're all chipped."

Me: "Um.... then maybe he was saying your hair looks really crappy? Even crappier than your toes?"

TD: "Okay, I'm starting to freak out now. Does my hair look that bad?"

Me: "He's living on the street, TD. I think you can probably just let this one go."

 

2 comments:

SongBird said...

Funny!

9:47 PM
xxxx said...

That is classic! Apparently you have to look out for the fashion police EVERYWHERE now, huh?

10:31 PM