What am I, chopped liver?

Two things make me ask this:

1. When BF left NJ after being there with me and my family for almost a week, my mom got all teary-eyed, and almost cried. When I left several days later, nothing. Dry eyes. Smiles.
2. My mom called me tonight, because my cousin and his friend are visiting from Germany, and after a long day at the beach they wanted to watch a dvd. But they couldn't get the dvd player to work. So I started to ask my mom whether or not the tv had a menu button when she interrupted me. "We really just wanted BF to call us. Could you ask him to do that?" Oh. Okay. So I guess you don't wannna take a gamble on my own technological prowess...?

I always thought my mom wanted sons. But I also always thought I was adopted or an alien, so I figured it was all in my head. Confirmation sucks.

 

2 comments:

SongBird said...

I hate it when my mom does something similar to me!! Like maybe I have done something a million times with absolutely no comment from her. Then my brother or sister do the same thing or almost the same thing and it is like fireworks light up the sky, global warming has been halted, an AIDS vaccine has been discovered....woo hoo!!! I feel like making a sign to wear around my neck saying "BUT I did it first".

8:29 PM
Helene said...

I think it is universal because I have the same situation... anything good that is in the house what credited to my husband even if my Mom KNEW I did it! lol Funny that now that Mom is dead, I really miss that little quirky thing.

cheers! Kate

10:30 AM