So, life is not so hot this week.
But first, the happy news:
- I just found out another friend is pregnant - yay S! She and her husband definitely deserve this.
- No luck on the job front. That's getting really really hard to swallow. When I went to get the taillight on the Jetta fixed I gave the guy in Service my name, and he furrowed his brow. "You're not in here. Could it be under D or P Mac?" I sighed. "Yes, D." I don't even exist without a job - the car account doesn't even have my name on it! I was pretty well known in my professional circle back in Boston, and now no one wants to get to know me out here. I'm quality!!! Plus I'm adorable. Just let me have an interview, you'll see!
- The no job thing is starting to play with my wellbeing. I'm getting very upset. Last night I was practically catatonic by the time Hubs came home. You know when you get so upset that you can't even talk in a voice that doesn't sound depressed and hallow? That was me. I'd been anxious all day, hadn't eaten, and hadn't showered. Fun to come home to, huh? Don't worry - I still did my wifely duties (my only duties right now) and cooked a nice healthy dinner and cleaned up afterward. I know my incomeless place in this household.
- This weekend we have a bunch of chores to do. Saturday we're helping Hubs' parents move some furniture around in their house, and then going to help Hubs' brother P with some in-depth house cleaning (he's putting the place up for sale next week on account of his recently finalized divorce). Then we have a family birthday dinner for P. We also need to mow our lawn and garden, so it'll be a weekend with little down time.
- Since Hero left there were two muddy sort of spots on our carpet. We've cleaned them with Resolve carpet cleaner but this only seems to be making it worse (or maybe it's that the spots are wet so they look worse - I don't know!!!). I am preoccupied with those GODDAMN SPOTS! What good is Resolve? I mean, COME ON! WORK ALREADY!