Intense

So wanna know what I did today? I spent the day waxing my legs. (Sorry, guys, should have warned you earlier: stop reading.) It wasn't horrifying, but it was work intensive. It pretty much took all day. I ran out of wax strips half way through, so had to go to the pharmacy with my spandex gym pants sticking to my still waxy legs to replenish supplies. Then since I was already out I decided to go to Starbucks and once I got home decided to do some blog hopping. Then onto leg #2. I mean, the hair was still there waiting for me...

It made a huge mess. Like all over the place messy. First wax stuck to everything, then in order to remove the wax I covered everything in baby oil, which made for some serious slippery. So most of my day I spent trying not to touch anything else in my house other than myself. I know someone suggested better wax from Sephora, so next time I'll try that. Because the payoff is a biggie - my legs are smooooooooooooooooooooth and hopefully will remain so for a while. Same with my underarms. As for my bikini area, I was not so brave. I think I'll stick to the professionals for that.

Anyway, we're off to meet some friends at Benihana for dinner. Yum. I've worked up an appetite, so I can't wait :) Tomorrow Hero comes to stay the weekend, and I head up to Hubs' work for a happy hour. Then Saturday we have our friend A's wedding, at an arboretum about 45 minutes away. It should be a great day for it, weather-wise. I love weddings! I've only been to one since our own. We're two months shy of our first year together - can you believe it?

 

3 comments:

seussgirl said...

wow, sounds like a crazy busy fun weekend! enjoy!

7:54 AM
Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Definitely try the Poetic Wax from Bliss. You can get it at Sephora. I hope you enjoyed Benihana. Let me know if you decide on the cat! :-)

12:07 PM
CC :D said...

oh my god, i've been reading your blog since he was Boyfriend.

3:28 PM