The last of the house photos and thoughts on tonight's dinner

Finally, the very last of the house pictures. I posted all these in large part because my sis requested to see them and I didn't want to put them all in an email attachment, but I have a sneaking suspicion she's not looking at my blog on any sort of regular basis. So you have to suffer through what's probably the equivalent of showing people way too many vaca pics projected onto your TV after inviting them over, unsuspecting, for dinner (my ILs do this, so I know from this kind of torture)!

Anyway, this is the last of the pictures so I'll just let that go :)

Here's the front hall, the main floor half bath, and the dining room. The dining room is awful colors, we're working on it! I have big plans for the dining room. I want to tear down the wall separating the kitchen and the dining room so it's one large space, and far more open. Our main floor has the potential to be very open, it's mostly just the closed off dining room that's getting in the way. I also want floor and not carpet in there (who carpets a dining room?). And we really need to paint that sucker a (read: one!) neutral color, and remove the chair rails (I think that's what people call them) - that divided look is so not modern! But like everything else, it'll take some time.

I'm also not a huge fan of the lavender bathroom, but that's not high on our priority list right now. It's presentable, and we have bigger fish to fry.

Speaking of frying, I stopped by the Farmer's Market with Hero this morning and bought some zucchini to make zucchini fries (it just took me about 19 tries to spell the word 'zucchini'). I'm so excited to see how they turn out. The recipe I have is simple and the end result looks like it should taste great. I'm going to serve them with gnocchi (another 19 tries - this double c with the h thing trips me up) from Trader Joe's (not homemade, just heat and serve) for a fun Italian dinner. If the fries come out any good I'll post that recipe - it's so quick and easy!

 

0 comments: