Don't mind the puppy gates...

Ignore the puppy gates and believe, as we so foolishly do, that someday they won't be necessary :) Here's the floor! After two days of hard work, and now I'm sick as a dog. But my stepdad is a pro - he was great to work with and I learned a lot and, as I mentioned before, am now addicted to home improvement.

Especially because that room is still a disgusting blue with purple accents, with a textured gray paint under the chair rail. Yes, the chair rail - how not our style! It's next on my project list...

New chandelier (bad picture, but it was really hard to take a picture of that with the window behind it):
Last night I told Hubs I organized all his tools in the downstairs storage room. "Why didn't you leave them in the garage?" he asked.

"Because it's too cold in the garage, and I want to be able to use the tools too."

"Since you're so handy now?"

"Exactly!"

 

16 comments:

Casey said...

Wow, that turned out great! Good work... now come install them at my house.

12:38 PM
~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Pretty pretty floors!

Now I wanna know what color you're gonna paint the walls? And you're not a chair rail fan?

1:24 PM
Anonymous said...

Lol, I LOVE the floors, but I was thinking "wow that's a totally bizarro color scheme in the dining room". :) I'm glad you feel the same. I love chair rails, but I like when they're painted white or something to show them off. Wood tone is so not me. So are you painting the dining room? I'll need an after picture of that now too. ;)

1:33 PM
momofonefornow said...

You freaking rock! Nuff said!

1:46 PM
zipbagofbones said...

Pretty, pretty wood.

1:55 PM
DeeMarie said...

Beautiful!!!!!!

2:38 PM
HeatherPride said...

Very nice, I'm so impressed!!!

3:28 PM
Danifred said...

I think the floors look great! What color are you thinking for the walls?

4:40 PM
RBandRC said...

It looks great! And I have to say, my dogs are 7 years old and we STILL use our puppy gates. **sigh**

7:04 PM
Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

That's great! So funny. Your floors look fantastic! Did you do hardwoods or laminate? We have hardwoods in most of our house, but J put laminate in the basement after our Siamese cat disaster. They look incredibly like the hardwoods. Your DIY days make me reminisce of doing that with our old house in Maryland--Oh, how I loved that house.

7:05 PM
Kahla said...

It looks awesome!

10:00 PM
calicobebop said...

Beautiful floors! They look terrific! I love how your organized the tools - that is exactly something I would do. You know, since I'm handy now. hee hee...

5:00 AM
Unknown said...

I love those floors!!! You guys did such a great job! Now, when are you coming to my house?

And I'm glad you mentioned the blue, and that it wasn't your idea, cause I thought "GROSS!".

Love the light fixtures, too.

How funny. Only a woman would organize tool. But yes, I bought my own tool box, with my own tools (I had more than he did when we met anyway!) and I don't let anyone touch my tools!

9:17 AM
Grad3 said...

Great floors!!

1:55 PM
Scotty said...

Wow... I like it!

10:51 AM
Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

The floor looks fantastic!

8:23 PM