Paging the super-ego...

The id is in da hizzouse.

I want to kill someone. I want to grab someone, whoever I can determine to be responsible for this shitty economy and the downspiral of my hard-earned career, AND KILL THEM. I know this is irrational. I know that only people who truly believe they will succeed, do. I know that optimism is crucial and that worse things have happened to far better people. I know all of this. But after I've finished searching, trying, having faith, waiting, and maintaining a positive attitude, I still find myself WANTING TO KILL SOMEONE.

Aren't you glad you only run into me in cyberspace and not on the street? I promise, if the urge to do harm graduates to a strong probability of action, I'll summon one of the higher entities within the structural model of my psyche and beg for intervention.

 

8 comments:

zipbagofbones said...

I feel your frustration from here girl. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Stupid, shitty economy! Stupid, worthless layoffs! Stupid hiring freezes and budget cuts! AHHHHH!!! I have all the faith in the world that your hard-earned career will survive!

2:40 PM
Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I don't think you're crazy, for the record. :o) Maybe we could come up with some alterna-jobs that you would rock at? Like Professional Hero Photographer, or Most Awesome Wife Ever. Then we just need to find a way that you can get paid for doing those jobs. Like maybe Professional Bank Robber would kill two birds with one stone? ;)

2:41 PM
AwkwardMoments said...

i am so behind on reading blogs ..I am late on commenting too.. basically I suck at this bloggin thing this week ..but i wanted to say "i hear ya sista preach on"

8:25 PM
~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Maybe you need to watch, Secret Millionaire, and it will all put things in perspective for you.

When I graduated college in 2002 we were in a recession. It took about 6 months for me to find a job, and even then it was commission only. I think the biggest paycheck I got was 50 smackaroos.

Chin up girl. You are bright, talented, gorgeous and smart! Someone will need you to fill a set of shoes. Just gotta keep trying!

12:19 AM
DeeMarie said...

We all have our moments... thanks for being open enough to share it. It all stinks, but hopefully what goes down will come up again soon and we'll be back to thriving!!

7:32 AM
Unknown said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll try to stay out off your street, and pray for the intervention! LOL

8:27 AM
Unknown said...

Okay, I've searched through your posts, but can't find the answer.

Hold old is Hero. How much does he weigh, and what kind of dog is he? I'm just curious.

8:32 AM
Anonymous said...

Dude, kill the mass media first - they perpetuate this whole recession into a bigger thing then it needs to be. Those bastards can cause mass panic over nothing. Which causes a shitty job market for you.

2:51 PM