Self proclaimed

Today I count myself among the top ten doggie mamas in the world. Why? Two reasons. First, Hero freaked out for some reason when we kenneled him last night and barked like mad for 30 minutes before I decided that, since his reaction was so unusual, I would give in and go get him. Since Hubs needed his rest (he was exhausted after giving two major presentations to the board of directors yesterday), I slept downstairs on the couch with the crazy little fur nugget. But he didn't really want to sleep. He wanted to keep waking me up to make sure there was really a live person beneath the giant white and black checkered blanket. So, sick as a dog but on the upswing, I got no sleep last night. Hence, this morning, I'm careening on a major downswing.

Still, despite the 20 degree temps and the overwhelming urge to fall into bed FOREVER, we find ourselves at reason # two that I'm self-nominating. I took him to the dog park. My head was pounding, my hands were frozen and so numb I couldn't feel anything except pain (how does that work, exactly, that no senstation other than pain can come through?), but it was well worth it to see the giant dog smile on his face as he ran around like crazy in the snowy woods. And now he's curled at my feet as I lie on the couch by the fire. The thing about Hero lately is that everything you put in you get back tenfold. Trust is being built daily, and it's so rewarding to gain his loyalty and devotion.

 

8 comments:

HeatherPride said...

And this post was so rewarding to read!! You totally get the best dog mom of the day prize!!

2:23 PM
Anonymous said...

Aww, I totally agree with your self-nomination! The dog park drives me nuts, especially in the summer when it's hot outside and they get in the lake and get wet (we have a semi-dumb dog park...) and I have to give them a bath. But they're so exhausted when we get home they sleep for at least 2 days. :)

2:54 PM
zipbagofbones said...

Bravo, doggie mama of the year. Bravo. It's way too cold to be out at the dog park today, are you nuts? Hasn't stopped me from going out to smoke, but still.

3:16 PM
s.e. said...

You are a mom in the making!

12:33 AM
RBandRC said...

You deserve that award! Seriously, I give you a TON kudos as I have been the WORST doggie mommy ever as of late. I do hope you feel better soon!

12:47 PM
DeeMarie said...

Congrats on the award for yourself!! Totally deserved, Dog Mama. Sounds like your efforts are totally making a difference! :)

8:11 PM
MommaMonkey said...

Yep, you are a top doggy-mommy! There is no denying that!

9:21 AM
Unknown said...

What a great doggie mommy you are! I would have felt bad, too, if my dog had acted like that and it wasn't usual. And sounds like he had a GREAT time in the park. Good for you!

3:13 PM