Rearview mirror perspectives

I have a lot of nerve. After whining about the stress of having my whole family here for the holidays, I'm now going to whine about how sad I am that they're all gone.

Seriously.

But I can't help it - I took it for granted that for two weeks straight I could wake up every morning and hear my mom, with her thick German accent, talking downstairs. I took for granted that Jack would accompany me to Home Depot, and share funny stories on the car ride there and back. I took for granted that my sister would borrow my clothes, and that we'd sit downstairs at night and drink milk and eat brownies. I took for granted that my nieces would scream in delight and terror over Hero (at about 6:30am). I took for granted that TO would best my scores on Snood and knock me off the high score board. I took for granted that Mookie would, well, do whatever it is that Mookie does :)

I'm blessed with a family that when they're around, even though they may drive you nuts at times, makes you feel like you're wrapped in a warm blanket and bouncing on a safety net that will never tear or break. To me, family means unconditional love and support. It's supposed to mean that for everyone, but I realize it's the luck of the draw, and I lucked out.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I *heart* snood. :)

Will you see them again for Christmas? Hoping your heart stays full with memories from their visit. :)

2:18 PM
Jessica White said...

It is wonderful. I know my family bugs me, but I also know how lucky I am to have them.

2:34 PM
AwkwardMoments said...

i am glad you are doing much better!

2:53 PM
DeeMarie said...

I gave my dad the full version of Snood for Father's Day two years ago. I believe it's the best present I've ever given him...

Sorry you're feeling sad without them at your house. Keep those memories... brownies and milk... YUM!

2:54 PM
Unknown said...

The crazy comes along with family. I've always wondered how to separate them...

2:54 PM
zipbagofbones said...

What on earth is Snood? Sounds like...snotty food. That can't be right, that game would suck.

We're all still here, your crazy, kooky blog family! And I won't wake you up at 6:30 am (unless you give me your phone number, in which case, all bets are off, so I would advise that you don't). XO

3:01 PM
Unknown said...

It sounds like you are very lucky indeed.

9:18 AM
calicobebop said...

Holy Crap I forgot about Snood! I used to play that game all. the. time! Freaking Awesome!

Gotta love family!

1:32 PM
Danifred said...

I love your warm blanket analogy... you are very lucky to have them.

8:37 PM