Austin's powers

I'm off to Austin tomorrow morning to see my sis, nieces, brother-in-law TO, and Mookie (who's visiting at the same time I am). Mookie and I will meet up in Dallas for the final legs of our flight. Mookie and TO are psyched because they're going to the UT/Mizzou game. TO is a longhorn, naturally, and Mookie is a Mizzou tiger fan. So at least one of them will come home happy!

C and I are opting out of the football, but I'm plenty excited nonetheless - sunshine here I come! It's a chilly 55 degrees in Minnesota today, so what better time to take a little vaca? Austin has always had a way of relaxing and soothing me, in part because when I'm there I'm surrounded by family and in part because it's just so nice and warm! I think this trip is just what the doctor ordered :)

I'll miss Hubs horribly, as I always do when we're apart. But Friday night he's having the guys over for poker, and I suspect he'll enjoy the rest of his wife-free weekend doing his 'stuff'. Whatever that may be.

I'll be offline for a while, but I hope you all have a great rest of the week and weekend!

 

12 comments:

DeeMarie said...

Have a great time!! Hopefully it'll be just what you need. Can't wait to hear about any fun that ensues. :)

2:25 PM
HeatherPride said...

Go MIZZOU!!! (my alma mater, natch)

Have a good time! Take germex with you on the plane, ew.

2:38 PM
Mazzy said...

Have fun in Austin! One our favorite road trip destinations ever, but then again it's only 3 hours from here. =)
*hugs*

3:00 PM
Kelli said...

Have a fantastic time!!!

4:13 PM
Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Have a great trip Elle! I know how great it is to get back to the family!!!

4:38 PM
RBandRC said...

Have a great trip!!! :)

6:51 PM
AwkwardMoments said...

have a great trip!

3:38 PM
Sprite's Keeper said...

Have a great weekend, Elle!

4:14 PM
CC :D said...

hi lovely - I've been away for a few weeks and have neglected my blog reading, and so much has happened. I'm SO sorry for your loss, and can't begin to imagine what you're going through. I hope Austin gives you the freshness you need. And I hope that you feel better. Dig in to some of those hidden ice creams and goodies.
- C :)

10:21 AM
Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Ahhh warm weather . . .

10:12 AM
MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Happy Vaca. Are you back yet?

3:37 PM
Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Have a great trip!

4:49 PM