Lazy Sunday weekend recap

On Friday night we hung out with our newlywed pals A and J and carved pumpkins. Mine is the one with the starry eyes, Hubs' is the super happy looking one :) It was really fun - we always have a great time hanging out with them.

On Saturday evening we had Hubs' now ex-sister-in-law over for dinner. Hero was happy to see her (he used to be hers!). But, in a bittersweet kind of way, he also seemed very aware that his home is with us now.

And today was freezing cold, with crazy wind and some snow flurries. We spent most of the day relaxing at home by the fire, just me and my two guys.

And tonight I made Steph's Million $ Spaghetti Casserole recipe for dinner. It's in the oven now. You can find this and more of her great recipe ideas at Problem Solvin' Mom. I've heard great things about it so I can't wait to see how it turned out! Tonight feels like a night we could use some comfort food, as the wind howls on.

 

10 comments:

DeeMarie said...

Spaghetti casserole by the fire sounds wonderful!! The pic of Hubs and Hero is so cute. Stay warm and cozy!!

6:48 PM
Danifred said...

You have snow? I'm so jealous! Enjoy the fire and comfort foods.

7:13 PM
HeatherPride said...

Nothing like a warm casserole on a cold fall evening. mmmm Here? We had rotisserie chicken from Wal-Mart. Tasty, huh. (jealous much?)

7:16 PM
Monica said...

I don't know what it is like to sit in front of a warm toasty fire. Not at home anyway. Once in a while we go up north camping, and I do enjoy the campfire. But it isn't the same, is it?

7:23 PM
~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Girl, the wind blew here all to beat hell all day! I will have video of the raging river to post later. It started blowing last night, and didn't stop until around 6 this evening. Low tonight- 16...

8:06 PM
Grad3 said...

Not that I would want to butt in but I wish I was there-- it sounds so nice and cozy!!

The low here will be 43 ;)

8:10 PM
Bob said...

Hey Laura...I carved a pumpkin Saturday afternoon. A photo is on my blog.

10:53 PM
Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

I think your pumpkins are darling! I hope you love the spaghetti as much as wee do, it should be perfect in front of the fire on a cold windy night ;)
We had crazy wind here too, no snow yet, though...

hugs,
Steph

4:57 AM
Anonymous said...

The casserole sounds YUM, too bad anything with any taste is out because of the diet. Great job with the pumpkins, we still haven't gotten ours yet.

12:54 PM
Jessica White said...

Sounds like a good day to me :-) Your pumpkins are really cute.

1:14 PM