A letter to my Hubs

Hubs has been reading my blog lately, which I *love*, but I also feel a little guilty. I worry that he's reading it because he thinks this miscarriage has somehow been too much for me, that I'm not okay and I won't be able to pick up the pieces. And so I just wanted to say to him, I am okay. One of our favorite new songs is "Turn the Car Around" and the refrain says, "How many times can I break till I shatter?" And I just wanted to let you know, Hubs, SO MANY TIMES! For this, for us, for you. You've made me so much stronger, I am so much stronger at this time in my life. I can go through a lot worse (although I hope hope hope we don't have to). I won't shatter. I love you, and you've made me whole in a way that can't be undone.

 

11 comments:

Grad3 said...

What an amazing support... may better and happier days find you both ~Hugs~

7:45 PM
steenky bee said...

Oh, this short and sweet post has just brought a tear to my eye. It always makes me misty when people declair their love for one another in public. I hope you don't have to shatter to get closer to your goal. You are a lucky gal to have such a supportive husband.

8:49 PM
Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Oh too sweet! Sounds like he's awesome. My marriage is also tight, and there's nothing NOTHING so valuable in the world. Cheers! D

10:27 PM
DeeMarie said...

Aww... Too sweet! Your hubby sounds great, and I'm sure he loves the shout-out! We all think he's great...and we knew you were great already!!

7:54 AM
Jenny said...

Adorable... wishing you nothing but happy days in the future...

8:16 AM
~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Him reading your blog is a good thing. I found that I wrote about things I didn't necessarily talk about, or rather tried to talk about and was *shunned*; had my ex read it, he'd maybe not be an ex.

He reads it because he loves you and he wants to know your thoughts. That, my dear, is one of the best things you could ask for. At least he doesn't say, "I don't have time to read a stupid blog".

8:52 AM
Anonymous said...

So, so sweet.

9:00 AM
Supervised Mama said...

What a great letter. You are such a sweetheart.

10:30 AM
Anonymous said...

Hi hubs! Great post, glad you have a supportive husband! Mine is the same way but he's my editor and web master... I make him do the tedious stuff that I don't have time for like install plugins and proof read my posts. It's nice to have a good man, isn't it?

1:35 PM
HeatherPride said...

That's amazing. So awesome to be married to such a great guy!!

3:20 PM
Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Sounds like a great guy.

Hope you are still doing OK and hanging in there.

Tried to comment on this last week but my computer at home is funky and then I forgot I hadn't yet commented....Not sure what is wrong with my brain.

4:09 PM